May 6, 2008

The memoirs of going to middle east by my brother





THIS was the memories given by my brother"My flight was scheduled for 3.15 am on 9th Apr and I have to check in by 12.15. All my family members reached air port by sharp 12 and finished formalities. This is my very first experience in airport that too I am heading for a foreign nation. I am perfectly cool but my family members around me so excited and advising so many things which I am least bothered. After all customs formalities I was waiting in the rest room for my flight, and my relations on the gallery to give me a send off. Even after 3.15 also my flight was not announced and all my relations got tired, as none of us slept so far and I asked my brother to take all them back to home.

Finally by 3.20 my fight arrived and boarded. It was very small them I assumed. It is A320-162 seater with 4 air crew and 2 pilots. I was sitting in 12A which is a window seat exactly above the wings. I could see the wings and engine clearly through the window shield. All instructions being announced in Arabic and then in english. But I could see no arbs on board except a couple in their mid 40s with a miniscule infant with then not older than 2 months.

Flying in the air was nice experience but I could not see anything on the ground as it is very dark. Just before landing I could see some light spots stretching for some miles together in a straight lines indicating the roads of UAE. Soon the craft landed safely at sharjah International airport by 7.30 am local time. Visa collection, Eye scanning and passport stamping , all procedure went just fine. Visa officer was talking to fellow passenger in Malayalam and all other Arab staff knew Hindi very well, and I don’t think I am in foreign nation.

At the exit counter I exchanged 3000 Rs for 274 Dirhams, very best bargain I ever had, just 5 hrs back I was bulldozing with exchangers in Chennai airport for 240 dirhams. Then I saw the driver holding the name placard waiting for me. He kept the back door opened for me, I declined and took the front seat. It is compulsory to get fasten the seat belt so I did. At that morning time itself tropical sun scorching without pity and car was air conditioned.

Our car smoothly gliding on the clean, wide road as a butter melting on the heated pan. I was thrilled when I saw the sppedometer oscillating between 110 and 120. road was neatly laid with palm dates lined on right, left and centre, then the row of street lights then blanc sand dunes stretches to the horizon, both sides.

Soon after 20 minutes car entering in to the core of the city. Highly walled villas, minaret’s, mosques and towers and bridges start filling the sight. I was expecting some eye soaring advertisement hoardings, broadly opened dirty ditches and band beggars under each bridges. For my dissatisfaction I found none.

It is a big spacious 2500 sq. feet apartments with 3 bedrooms, a hall 3 bath rooms 9with shower and bath tub), a kitchen and 2 balcony in the fourth floor where I was accommodated. I was too exhausted and my body demanding for a sleep, but I forced myself to take bath and went to office by 9-30 with collegues. Office located in the SAIF zone which at the backyard of sharjah international airport.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hallo friend, thanks for you which remember me by visiting me, of course i will added you in my links, so next time we will meet on your or my sites, thanks for all of your kindness ! my best friend !

search

AdBrite